Beefy Cornbread Casserole – A super easy dinner recipe filled with ground beef, cream style corn, and cornbread. It makes a great weeknight dinner idea!
This recipe was such a nice surprise! My mom often hands me her very old notebook full of recipes she has collected over the years. This Beefy Cornbread Casserole was one I’ve had my eye on for a while. It’s got all the things I love! I knew it was going to be a good one when it was baking because my kitchen smelled wonderful! I absolutely loved how it turned out!
This was actually named “Corn Creole” in her notebook. In my mind, that’s a side dish, and that just didn’t describe it very well. So I took the liberty of calling it something new! Thus, Beefy Cornbread Casserole was declared a new favorite!
It kind of reminds me of Mexican Cornbread but with more beef, less cornbread, and no jalape?os. However, the addition of jalape?os would be amazing in here too!
How to Make Beefy Cornbread Casserole:
- Brown beef with onions and peppers.
- Make the cornbread mixture.
- Stir in cream style corn and cornbread mixture.
- Pour into casserole dish, top with cubed butter, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with cheese and parsley.
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 14.5 oz can cream style corn
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking oil spray.
- Brown ground beef with onions and peppers. Season with creole seasoning while it browns.
- While beef browns, mix cornmeal and milk and egg in a bowl.
- Once beef has browned, add cream style corn and cornmeal mixture and stir quickly until combined. Immediately pour this into casserole dish.
- Top with cubed butter and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese and chopped parsley.
Other recipes you may like:
- One-Pot Mexi Beef and Corn Bake
- Taco Cornbread
- Corn and Zucchini Casserole
- Baked Corn and Sausage Dip
- Vidalia Onion Cornbread Muffins
You can find more MAIN DISH RECIPES HERE.
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
For more ideas, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!