Strawberry Wet Cake – A super moist strawberry cake filled with real strawberries and strawberry jello and topped with a wonderful cream cheese icing and more strawberries!! It’s perfect for a crowd!
This Strawberry Wet Cake is fabulous! It is an old recipe that my mom had. When she told me about it, I knew I had to try it out. And boy am I glad I did! This just might make a chocolate lover think twice about dessert ?
It is seriously one of the most moist cakes ever! You finish it off with a wonderful cream cheese icing and more sliced strawberries. It would be a perfect dessert for a crowd. I promise people will be asking you for the recipe.
Tips for Making Strawberry Wet Cake:
- Use the frozen already sliced in sugar strawberries. This makes the recipe super easy!
- This cake needs to be made in advance, which works out great when you want to make something for company or a potluck.
- This cake is perfect year-round!
- Be sure to store it in the fridge.
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 3 oz. strawberry jello
- 2 16 oz. containers of sliced sweetened strawberries (I used frozen)
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix cake mix, jello, oil, and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes or until well combined. Stir in 3/4 cup strawberries with juice and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 pan and bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Make icing by beating together cream cheese, both sugars, and vanilla.
- Spread onto cooled cake.
- Top with remaining strawberries and juice.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our blog running efficiently and allows us to create more recipes for you.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!