Hey everyone! ?I made you pie! ?And this Triple Mocha Mud Pie was the easiest pie I’ve ever made! ?Seriously! ?If you are in a hurry and need a quick dessert, well then look no further. ?It’s got three layers of happiness: ?mocha, chocolate pudding, and chocolate whipped cream!
It’s perfect for those who love a darker chocolate flavor too. ?I used some instant expresso powder to add in the mocha flavor. ?I found this at my grocery store in the coffee section. ?And if you don’t like a coffee flavor, you could totally leave it out!
?And if your family is like mine, then it is a given that at least one person must make a pie for Thanksgiving. ?And my family usually leans towards chocolate. ?And if your family is like mine, this isn’t the only dessert that day. ?We usually have about 3 or 4 of them! ?It’s my favorite part of Thanksgiving….all the desserts!
Hope you give this one a try, plus I have some other great ones below!
- 1 premade Oreo pie crust
- 4 bittersweet chocolate squares (1 oz. each)
- 1 tbsp instant expresso powder
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (4 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 2 Oreos, finely crushed (optional)
- Pour pudding mix into a bowl. Add milk and stir with a whisk for about 30 seconds or until combined. Let sit to thicken while you make the rest of the pie. Stir again once thickened.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate squares in 30 second intervals, stirring between each.
- Once chocolate is melted, stir in expresso powder (see note) and sweetened condensed milk. Pour into crust and spread to edges.
- Sprinkle pecans over chocolate.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cups chocolate pudding mixture on top of pecans and spread out.
- Mix remaining pudding with half of the Cool Whip. Spread on top of regular pudding mixture on pie.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle pie with some finely crushed Oreos, if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
The expresso powder amount can be adjusted to your taste preference. If you like a little less coffee flavor, you can decrease the amount or leave it out.
?Looking for other chocolate pie ideas?
You can find ALL RECIPES HERE.
Get FREE recipes delivered to you by email: SIGN UP HERE!